Friday, December 31, 2010

A year at a Glance...

So, it's been a full year and one day since I posted last. I really do have the desire to be better at this blogging thing, but I'm just NOT. I always say I'm going to try but nothing ever becomes of it. So, I'm going to summarize what I can of our last year and then, well, you will just get to guess whether I keep this updated this coming year. =)

January was pretty uneventful from what I can remember. Crissy and Dusty both have birthdays in January, so we celebrated those. Other than that, it was just the same ole stuff.

February was a little more eventful. We went to the Fort Worth Stockshow (I'll add a pic at some point). There was the Super Bowl and Assaad and Crissy announced they were having another baby!



In March, Dusty and I went to Hawaii again and Brady stayed here with my parents (and Dusty's parents kept him for two nights).

April had another baby announcement... Brad and Jackie announced they were going to be having their second child also. More cousins for Brady!!!

May included some Rangers games and lots of cooking out and pool time!

All I can remember about June right now is that Dusty went to New Orleans for a week leaving me home all alone with an almost two year old! LOL

In July, we took our annual family vacation... this year, we went to Myrtle Beach! On the way, I got to meet a special friend I made in the baby group I joined when pregnant with Brady. I'll post a pic of the 4 of us! Vacation was FUN! But, you know me... I LOVE the beach! Brady loved playing in the sand but did NOT like the big waves in the ocean. He was a cute little beach bum though. Dusty and I also celebrated our 4th year being married! =)



August was HOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT! We spent a lot of time at the pool or indoors, lol.

On September 1st, Assaad and Crissy welcomed little Cayden! Brady started preschool two days a week at Kinderplatz this month. He LOVES school and his teachers! On September 16th, Brady turned 2! Can you believe it?! I can't... My little baby is already TWO! I'll post a pic or two from his birthday.

Hmmm... All I remember about October is Halloween. We took Brady to the Fall Festival at our church then came home to watch the World Series! Ok, so I guess the Rangers making it to the World Series for the first time EVER is pretty big too! ;) They lost to the San Francisco Giants, but they made it!

We had Thanksgiving in November... There were actually a TON of people at my parents this year! It was really nice to have a full house again (and we were still missing people).

December is always an exciting month! There's my birthday, and then Brady and Jackie welcomed sweet baby Bethany the next day! =) And then Christmas... Christmas was a BLAST this year with Brady. He was so fun opening presents and walking around telling everyone "Merry Christmas!" I'm pretty sure next year will be even MORE fun!

Well, nothing MAJOR happened with Brady this year. He hit all his BIG milestones last year, but he talks SOOOO much now! He can actually hold a conversation with you and it's so fun! He absolutely LOVES Toy Story and Cars. He got some Veggie Tales videos for Christmas and he's really into them now too. He's going to have some new friends next year also as I have SEVERAL friends who are expecting new babies! Brady also LOVES school! I'm so glad he's doing so well! It's nice for him to be able to get that extra interaction and for me to get a short break to get things done.

For this next year, I have a few new goals. I'd like to start being healthier... all around. I want to start working out again, eating better, and spending WAY less time watching tv and sitting on the computer. I think those goals should be easily attainable if I just have the right attitude about it. =) I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe New Years!

~The Cottons

No comments: