Thursday, February 19, 2009

Brady James Cotton







Well, I know I'm a little late getting all of this updated, but better late than never right?!



So, I will start with the birth story. I was induced on my due date because I was not progressing. My cervix wasn't doing anything, so I went into the hospital Monday night (September 15th) to have Cervadil put in to "ripen" my cervix. They put two doses in throughout the night. They started Pitocin at 5:30 Tuesday morning. At 8:30, my doctor came in and I was dialated to a 3. She broke my water and Oh boy, did my contracions get 100x more intense! I think I made it to about 10 am without an epidural. I don't remember every single detail, but I do remember that my Epi didn't work on the right side of my back so I was still in excruciating pain. I was fully effaced, and dialated to 10cm by 1:30, but my doctor had a scheduled c-section so she made me wait to start pushing... UNTIL 3:00!!!! So, I start pushing and pushing and pushing... the little stinker was face up so it was rough getting him out. But, at 4:47 p.m. on Tuesday, September 16th, we welcomed sweet Brady James Cotton into the world! I will try attaching some pics, but I've never done this before, so I don't know how it will work.






No comments: